We will help you with Road Traffic Aciddent Claims

If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a Road Traffic Accident, which was not your fault, and if you suffered injuries you will be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim.

If you are a passenger in car, van, bus or coach which was involved in a collision, your personal injury compensation claim would be made against the insurance company of the person responsible for the accident, whether that is the driver of the vehicle you are travelling in or a third party driver (or both if necessary).

If you are a pedestrian, a motor cyclist, a pedal cyclist or a driver your personal injury claim would be made against the insurance company of the person driving the vehicle which struck you.

The most common type of injury resulting from a road accident is whiplash, however, many other different injuries can occur from road accidents.

Action you have to take before starting a claim

  • As with all personal injury compensation claims, you will need to prove that another person was responsible for your personal injury (in this case the driver of the vehicle you were travelling in or the third party driver).
  • To help your case you should take names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses to the accident and take photographs of the accident site. You should immediately obtain insurance details for the third party driver before he leaves the scene. You should also contact the Gardaí immediately and report the accident to them.
  • If you are intending to claim expenses such as loss of earnings, travelling expenses and medical expenses remember to keep receipts to prove your expenditure.

How to begin a personal injury claim following a road traffic accident

  1. If you or anyone you know has suffered an injury as a result of a road traffic accident contact our firm now for immediate advice.
  2. There are strict time limits in place to make injury claims. For further information log onto our website, for further advice. In Ireland there is a 2 year limitation period for road traffic accidents claims to be brought.

We are happy to talk you through the process of making a claim and to answer any questions or queries you have. Telephone us now on 045 898000 or complete one of our online personal injury claim forms.

*In contentious Business a Solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.*